Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
blackers7
906 Views, 8 Replies

Slab Moments

if i examine the moments in the slab locally i have as expected areas of positive and negative moments,

However when i examine the moments in each direction top and bottom (complex - reinforcment - wood and amer) it appears that i have both positive and negative moments in the slab in an area of the slab.

Could you please advise ont he accuracy of these results, given the distribution in x and ydirection of positive and negative locally, i am assuming it is to do with the way the results have been resoved for x and y reinforcement moments?

I have tried to remesh and stiffen the slab by modifying the depth but i still have a substantial area with particularly high moments +ve and -ve

Mnay thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Can it be that they are produced by different combinations. Do you display the results for a single combination or a list of combinations at the same time?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

No the results are for the same combination, hence the query

Message 4 of 9
t.sautierr
in reply to: blackers7

file then, please.

Message 5 of 9

No the results are for the same combination, hence the query

The other reasons I can think of are:
- the need for compression reinforcement (too small slab thickness)
- addition of reinforcement in the area of the smallest stiffness to reduce excessive deflection. You may compare the results with this option switched off (if enabled).
Otherwise as 

Not on the subject Smiley Embarassed

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 9

I would be very interested as to the options which you have mentioned, It is somewhat difficult to explaain but under the point load to the left of the wall you will see that when resoolved to examine complex reinforcement there are both positive and negative moments. Given that yo have mentioned about excessive deflection which also occurs here i am assuming that there is a possibility this is is having an effect on the moments?

However since i have not actually inserted any reinforcment yet i may question the effect of this on the stiffness and thus moment generation?

As far as i am aware examing moments by selcting top and bottom (complex) just resolves the moments into x and y (the directions reinforcement would be laid, if inserted)

Many thanks for you help

Please find attached link for file http://we.tl/JlaN7m5crI 

Message 7 of 9

Could you indicate where to look please? At first glance I can't see the parts with bot positive and negative moments.

WandA x.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9

Under the point load indicated in the photo. This is particularly apprent when resolved when examing complex reinforcemetn - bottom reinforcment etc.

Message 9 of 9

I'm sorry I should have get it the first time

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2015/ENU/?url=http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Robot...

This is due to large Mxy  value in this location

M W and A.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report