Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab- Minimum reinforcement

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
koskinea
975 Views, 3 Replies

Slab- Minimum reinforcement

There is a slab model attached in zip-file.

I am wondering why the minimun reinforcement is 457mm2/mm where slab thickness is 220mm. Is there an error in the model or do I interpret the reinforcement results wrongly?It is important to have correct results for the required reinforcement beacause deflection has to be adjusted (in the attached model there is the basic case: reinforcement adjust only for cracking).

And an other question: Is it somehow possible to add reinforcement material A700HW in the reinforcement bar database? At the moment there is only A500HW in the database SFS-EN 1992-1-1.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: koskinea

I am wondering why the minimun reinforcement is 457mm2/mm where slab thickness is 220mm. 

Apparently the use of the provisions of the point 9.3.1.1 (3) of EC which limits bar spacing to 250 mm. As you decided on 12 mm bars it is 4*fi12 / m

Is it somehow possible to add reinforcement material in the reinforcement bar database?

This can be done by editing the selected reinforcement bar database as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
maronas
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello,

is there a way to change the value of minimum slab reinforcement (452mm²) to lets say 5x12=565mm² ?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: maronas

Minimum reinforcement is given by the code. Can not be set by user.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report