Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Diaphragm

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
RRufino
1884 Views, 9 Replies

Slab Diaphragm

Hello,

Please help on the following. I've a concrede model, over this will exist a steel structure. Steel forces were imported to concrete model using reactions to nodal forces macro (tks Rafal).

My issue is on foundations, i want to take advantage of ground floor slab (raft?) to distribute horizontal forces equally to every supported points. Since this slab is over piles i've made several tests to model this behaviour without sucess, supported nodes are 10cm above slab plan.

In attachement i've made a slab model called "Test" that is equally to pre-defined Slab-Flexible diaphragm but without FE...in this case sometimes i get "incorrect panel calculation" and looking to Fx reactions they make no sense. I also predict that with this slab model i will not get the behaviuor i wrote on previous paragraph.

Thanks for any tips,

RRufino

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: RRufino

Using my addin 🙂 or manually correct panel coordinates

1242.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Another my macro and ...

nodesrufino.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 10
RRufino

Thanks Rafal,

I'm trying to replicate what you did...but what are you trying to show me on second table from second image?

In this case how do i get rid of this short calculation elements?

Message 5 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

I'm trying to replicate what you did...but what are you trying to show me on second table from second image?

Short element is causing instabilities; short element is generated by inaccuracies in these coordinates

In this case how do i get rid of this short calculation elements?

Correct Z coordinates for marked nodes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 10
RRufino

I did what you ansewered and i still got instability (type 3) on calculation node 45. (plz see attachement)

When i ignore this warning...seeing Fx reactions to self-weight they do not seem ok...

In your opinion what is happening?

Thanks Rafal

Message 7 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

My file attached

- geometry corrected

- kinematic links off

- DSC off

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 10
RRufino

Thanks Rafal, no more warnigs.

How about 2nd paragraph: "My issue is on foundations, i want to take advantage of ground floor slab (raft?) to distribute horizontal forces equally to every supported points. Since this slab is over piles i've made several tests to model this behaviour without sucess, supported nodes are 10cm above slab plan."

Should i use Rigid Diaphragm?

Message 9 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda

distribute horizontal forces equally to every supported points

Only this way:

- apply reduced force to geometrical center of supports

- apply rigid links (as RLINKs)

rlinkreact.jpg

rlinks.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 10
RRufino

Thank you Rafal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report