Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Design - How to determine final bar spacing as calculated in Robot

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bjur
2685 Views, 7 Replies

Slab Design - How to determine final bar spacing as calculated in Robot

I've generated a pretty 3d rebar model in Robot for a simple slab on grade, but I'm now at the point where I want to actually document the rebar design on paper.  I can't find anywhere Robot tells me what the spacing of the bars was.  Is there a way to export a DXF or DWG of the Rebar plan view for the slab so I can produce some drawings.  How does one get from slab rebar results in Robot to having enough information to generate actual construction documents.  It would be awesome if I could just export the Rebar 3d model into Revit.  I'm guessing that there's no way of doing this right now though.  Until I can do that, how does everyone else get rebar results (bar size and spacing) from Robot to document the plans.  I have tried to use the drawings feature in Robot, but quickly grew frusturated as the drawings looked horrible.

Is there a work flow that I'm missing for going from Revit to Robot and back to Revit for concrete slab design.  It appears that the link only coordinates beams and columns.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjur

There are three options:

1. Generate slab reinforcement drawings in Robot

2. Use ASD Reinforcement (open Robot reinforcement drawings) for enhanced quality of reinforcement drawings

3. Export information about required slab reinforcement to ASD Reinforcement and make reinforcement distribution and drawings using ASD tools instead

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
bjur
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Is ASD reinforcing the same as autodesk structural detailing?  I think I have it but since I use revit for all of my detailing I never installed it. Can I import reinforcing from ASD into Revit?

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Is ASD reinforcing the same as autodesk structural detailing?

Correct.

Can I import reinforcing from ASD into Revit?

No, the other way round. You can create reinforcement drawings in ASD for beams, columns and spread footings with reinforcement generated in Revit with use of Revit Extensions (REX).

See also:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Slab-reinforcement/m-p/3554568/

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/upload-slab-reinforcement-to-model-in-revit/...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
bjur
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Finally got around to exporting some slab designs to Autodesk Structural Detailing and apparently it's not supported.  All I need is to get the rebar size and spacing from Robot into either Revit or Autocad format (which I will then import into Revit).  What's the easiest way to do this for rebar shown in panels?

Message 6 of 8
A.wikipedia

Hi.

Please see picture.

2012-09-26_0724.png

Message 7 of 8
bjur
in reply to: A.wikipedia

Thanks for this.  So close yet so far away.  So now I have the same drawing in autocad as the one produced in the Robot drawings.  Has anyone tried to make sense of those drawings?  Is there any way for me to show the actual rebar in autocad?  Sorry to be a pain, I'm just frusturated at my inability to extract meaningfull information out of this amazing program.  It would be great if I could get an exported cad drawing of the 3d rebar view, but in plan view for each layer of bars.  Maybe theres a setting in ASD that will show the rebar in 3d.  Anyone know of how to do that?

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Maybe theres a setting in ASD that will show the rebar in 3d. 

FOr beam columns spread footings this way:

3dcol.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report