Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slab deflection in column zone

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
peter-rc
1306 Views, 7 Replies

slab deflection in column zone

Hi,

i get slab deflection in column zones.

i modelled my building without foundation and assigned fixed support to columns.

why i get such error? i checked every steps but i can not find,

could you pls help me

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: peter-rc

Try to display the deformation of the whole building looking at its side. This should give you the indicate where to look for the cause. Otherwise send us your model.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
peter-rc
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

First of all, thanks for your attention.

i couldn't find any clue,here may screen view.

i also want to send you model but size is to much (with results 52mb, without results 24 mb)

Message 4 of 8
Refaat

Dear Peter-rc

Kindly , take a look to  the attached capture

Thanks

Refaat

Message 5 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

My assumption is that this is the effect of shortening of columns at each of levels (much larger than walls) under the applied load. Such effect does not exists for gravity design by hand when you assume that columns are the supports that do not move vertically.

You can try to leave only one of the top slab with its supporting wall and columns (and supports at their bottoms) and check the slab deflection - this is the approach I would use for slab design.

You can also try to increase E of the columns and reduce their ability to 'attract' bending from slab using some elastic releases.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8
peter-rc
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur and Refaat,

i assigned rigit link (only Uz direction) to every column and now everything is ok..

thanks for your help

Message 7 of 8
Refaat

Dear Peter-rc

Please , you have to take care if (you use vertical rigid link only Uz)and you have any later loads on your structure because the axial force distribution will be effective as you see in the attached capture .

As well , I would like to draw your attention that there is big difference between node displacement and the slab deflection . The slab deflection related to the element (slab) itself while the node displacement related to the movement between the nodes themselves.

Thanks

Refaat

Message 8 of 8
peter-rc
in reply to: Refaat

Hi Refaat,

You are right, my column loads (axial) are false. You can see differences.(cap5-without rigit links. cap6-with rigit link)

N, M, Q and reinforcement values are wrong for columns. there is also interesting point; reactions are ture....

i will delete lateral forces, i wish i will get true axial forces..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report