Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single layer of reinforcement with bending

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
pevelor
2549 Views, 11 Replies

Single layer of reinforcement with bending

Hi

I have a slab with depressions above supports making the slab thickness as little as 100mm.

Therefore, I want only one layer of reinforcement and consider bending. How is this done?

With the settings below I get a warning seen at the bottom which I am unsure how effects my structure.

Kind regards

Peder

2013-02-13_1004_001.png 

2013-02-13_1004_002.png

2013-02-13_1004.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: pevelor

Therefore, I want only one layer of reinforcement and consider bending. How is this done?

Not possible.

onelayer.jpg

With the settings below I get a warning seen at the bottom which I am unsure how effects my structure.

Send me model to check.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 12
pevelor
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

What do you mean by "Not possible"?

I thought compression/tension was used only for walls without bending out of plane.

Doesn't 'compression/tension' relate to in-plane bending and 'simple bending' relate to out of plane bending?

Please explain:-)

Here you can download my file:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61406729/DO%201_REV%2005.rtd

Thanks for helping

Message 4 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

What do you mean by "Not possible"?

As you may see above it is not possible to define and calculate single layer for bending.

You can do it as you did but this warning will appear.

small.jpg

Keep it mind that in such case also both layers are calculated so to have reinforcement in one layer you add top and bottom reinf.

I thought compression/tension was used only for walls without bending out of plane.

Yes, that,s why you can use single layer.

Doesn't 'compression/tension' relate to in-plane bending

In reality yes - axial forces + inplane bending but robot does not have dof related to in-plane bending in shell FEs

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 12
pevelor

OK, if I understand correctly, I can disregard the warning as long as I combine required bottom and top reinforcement in the single layer.

Thanks for all help.

Message 6 of 12
MariusR

Hello,

I have the same problem as you did. I'm trying to reinforce a 100mm thick slab with a single central mesh. I followed the steps that you described above, but to no succes. If there's someone who can help me...

I've also attached my model.

I'm running Robot 2016.

Geometry.jpgReinforcement parameters.jpg

error msg.jpg

Message 7 of 12
MariusR

Hello,

Same problem here. I've done what you've showed, but there's no results.

Can someone help?

I've also attached the model, made in Robot 2016.

Thanks.

Geometry.jpgReinforcement parameters.jpgerror msg.jpg

Message 8 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: MariusR

Hi @MariusR

For your cantilever slab you should set direction global Y rather than Z and simple bending instead of tension/compression. In such case Robot is not able to calculate only one layer of reinforcement in the middle of the slab (it is the limitation of the reinforcement calculation engine).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12
MariusR
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Artur,

Thanks for your reply.

Disregard the fact that it's another geometry( i have multiple types of balconies to do).

I've done what you said, but then some errors appear :(.error msg1.jpg

Message 10 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: MariusR

Hi @MariusR

As I wrote Robot cannot calculate single layer reinforcement for bending. This is only available for walls under tension/compression (with no bending). 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12

Edit your reinforcement database and create a neglible bar diameter of 0.01mm. Change cover deviation to 0 and cover of unused layer to 0.

Message 12 of 12
maksimd9PUZW
in reply to: xdilemite

Its work. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report