Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silo in Revit+Robot

44 REPLIES 44
Message 1 of 45
Dzianis.Hk
3469 Views, 44 Replies

Silo in Revit+Robot

Hi everyone!

What is the best workflow modeling a silo with the release of project documentation? Will be convenient to model it in Revit and export to Robot for calculation as an ordinary building? Or use Inventor is better way to do it? I am very interested in a similar experience and any advice...

Thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Dzianis.Hk

Objects with analytical model are only transfered to Robot. IN case of Walls - the walls must by flat , not curved.

So I ma fraid Silo itself will not be transfered to Robot. You will have to remodel it in Robot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 45
Dzianis.Hk
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the response, Rafal! Could you give an advice how to do it (Silo calculation and project documentation) better?
Message 4 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 5 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

But what about project documentation... If I need eventually to get the project documentation?
Is a variant to model all elements (framing) except a Silo itself in Revit, transfer it to Robot, add remaining elements in Robot and calculate it? Or using Inventor is better way, but what with calculation in this case..
Message 6 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

But what about project documentation... If I need eventually to get the project documentation?
Print it from Robot or save as rft

Is a variant to model all elements (framing) except a Silo itself in Revit, transfer it to Robot, add remaining elements in Robot and calculate it?
Of course, it is possible -> recommended in your case I guess.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

Documentation from Robot it is far from being. It need to be detailed documentation, working project.
Thanks 🙂

Message 8 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

Documentation from Robot it is far from being. It need to be detailed documentation, working project.

So prepare it in the way you want it by your own. 🙂

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

I agree, there was a question in choosing this way)...

And one more question about silo please:

haw can I mesh panels correctly with common calculations points for bars and panels? There should be separate panels between bars, the only way?

2014-05-06_0959.png

Message 10 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

Number of circle divisions of silo deck and wall must be equal to number of bars on deck or double of them or triple.
Bars should be located on "edges"
If you do not get it please send me model.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

It would be very helpful..

Model is attached

Message 12 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

To start with : http://screencast.com/t/J86CuO31WE3s

Exercise : make bottom cone by your own

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

I am very grateful to you, Rafal!

Message 14 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

Dear Rafal, I have one more question about my silo...

There are some only Tension elements in the model, because of it analisys type became non-linear. Are the results of shown below siesmic analisys correct in this case?2014-05-12_1555.png

Message 16 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

Thank you!

End else, when I try to define manual non-linear load combinations, I recive error report in any case. What could be the reason and the solution?

2014-05-13_1204.png   2014-05-13_1215.png     2014-05-13_1207.png

Message 17 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

The latest file please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 18 of 45
Dzianis.Hk

Link to the model please:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/em0jhmb5ifggi70/Silo1.zip

I added nominal horizontal load to the load case #11 (Temperature load), which comes before load case #12 (Modal). Is it correct with some approximation? or I do not understand this approach correctly?

There are compression forces in X-braces in siesmic combinations nonetheless..

I will be very grateful for advice on how to correctly set the seismic load for my model and get the load combinations for steel design.

Regards

Message 19 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

I will be very grateful for advice on how to correctly set the seismic load for my model and get the load combinations for steel design.

"The precise approach for non-linear model would be running seismic analysis using non-linear time history."

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Seismic-load-combinations/m-p/3495976#M5432

Rafal Gaweda
Message 20 of 45
Rafal.Gaweda

Please send me your regulation file

sp3erno.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report