Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Combination Help

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
i.franco
676 Views, 9 Replies

Shell Combination Help

Good Day.

I need to analyze the discharge cone of a steel silo with the following geometry:

cone 1.JPG

I modelled it in Robot by using truncated cones and the result was the following model:

cone 2.JPG

I still have a problem though, as I do not know how to combine the cones to obtain a hollow surface. I know there is an option in Robot to combine objects but I do not know how to use it in this case. Could anyone help me with it?

Thank you for your assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: i.franco

You need to create these object as ACIS ones first.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
i.franco
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for your assitance, could you please explain how did you do this?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

View inclined cone silo with acis objects

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
i.franco

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
Message 6 of 10
i.franco

Hello again.

I'm trying to model the cone following the video, but the following message keeps appearing:

"Execution error no. 19027 of the ASM geometrical kernel"

EXECUTION ERROR.jpg

After I cut off the cone, I attempt to mirror it and the panel just disappears. Why is this happening and how do I solve it?

Message 7 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

This library is not native Robot functionality which makes giving you the answer a bit challenging. I'd start with asking you to restart the program and try again. 

Could you check if the file you attached is the right one as I after opening it I can see the whole silo rather than the part from the picture you inserted please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 10
i.franco

Hello again. I've alredy tried to restart the program, and I even restarted the computer and the error keeps popping out.

On the other hand, yes I attatched the model of the whole silo, as recently I was required to check the entire structure. So, I attempted to follow the instructions on the video on my file and the error started to appear.

Message 9 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

The whole silo with standard panels.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10

Hi I have shell model with rectangular openings, and I'm trying to filled the corner using Filled 3d Tool, but when I'm doing I received ASM error similar to what we discussed in the tread. 

Thanks 

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report