Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shear wall reduced efforts diagram

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mihaidelian
3079 Views, 4 Replies

Shear wall reduced efforts diagram

When i make the design of shear wall with opening i can get the efforts (N,T,M) with the reduced efforts on pannels table, but if i want to see graphicaly the diagram of efforts personaly i select all the pannels from one side and asign as core so i obtain a pier like in Etabs and i make the same procedure for the other pier. The problem is that i dont obtain the same results in the diagram (RESULTS FOR BUILDING) compared to the reduced pannels table. The results in the diagram are slightly reduced which is visible even in the diagram. See atached picture. How can i obtain the diagram on the full story hight, not reduced ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is as designed. The values are taken from the locations slightly above and below the story level to avoid negative influence of results from adjoining objects and the diagrams show where exactly it is done. I think that sort of 0.8% difference is much less that the influence of other factors such as e.g. mesh size, simplification of calculation model vs. real one, negligence of cracks at the static analysis stage etc. Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Thx for your answer. I want to ask you if my procedure is correct, regarding the definition of pier by assigning core? I tryed the same procedure for making spandrels but i have no moment diagram displayed, aparently it doesn't work (see photos attached). Is there any other way of making this?

Message 4 of 5

spandrel.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Hi there, right now I have some problem with the results of the core wall and the story forces and I need some help with it..

So, my model is a 25 story building with 2 core walls in the middle.. After running the model with response spectrum analysis, the results are as follow:

1. The story table produced FX value of 185096 kN, where 12846 kN goes to the column, and 172249.5 kN goes to the wall.

2. On the other hand, the core wall produce WFX = 75382 kN for core wall 1 and WFX = 120416.78 kN for core wall 2.

I found it confusing, since I would expect the sum of WFX from the core wall are equal to or lower than the FX value in the story table.

Thanks before..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report