Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service load combinations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AJA14
1260 Views, 4 Replies

service load combinations

Hi. After generating automatic code combinations as per LRFD, i can't find the seismic loads in any of the SLS combinations. They can only be found in ULS combinations. I transfered to ACI and used ACC loads, but still i don't get any service combinations including seismic loads. I even tried BS 5950, but in that case, I received nothing in both the ULS and SLS cases. Any ideas. Thanks.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: AJA14

Seismic cases in SLS combinations ?

Please provide us code paragraph saying that.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

I even tried BS 5950, but in that case, I received nothing in both the ULS and SLS cases. Any ideas. Thanks.

Most likely after changing the code the default relations among load cases have been lost. You need to restore them in the way shown on the attached picture.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I think I did not explain myself clearly. In UBC, the code provides ASD load combinations that include the original load combinations but with 1.0 factors except for seismic loads which are divided by 1.4 becuase the code is based on an ultimate seismic force. That is why, in lrfd code combinations, seismic loads are multiplied by 1.0. We are trying to see if we can automatically generate the ASD load cominations that include the seismic load divided by 1.4. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Would appreciate any input on the matter.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

I think you mean this:

coeff.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report