Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Busy Message

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bjur
3306 Views, 3 Replies

Server Busy Message

If I run Robot 2013 close it, then reopen a few minutes later, I get this error message.  I have to restart my machine in order to use Robot again.  Super annoying.  How do I get Robot to not do this?  See attached file.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjur

The message is displayed by Windows that incorrectly detects that the program doesn't respond (its opens slower than the OS expects). One of the most likely reasons for this slow opening is the fact that the last models you worked with in Robot are large. On the starting vignette you can see the preview of these models and when you place the cursor of the mouse over it you can see some information about each of them. Getting this information is what takes additional time. When you restart Windows the system starts to work faster and Robot is opened before the OS 'limit' for displaying the server busy message ends.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
byron86
in reply to: bjur

How does one get around the server busy error message upon start up???  What is the solution, I can see that there has been a bit of a history of this issue but has anyone got an actual solution.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Arthur,

I am having the same problem with Robot2020 version. I think, it started after I updated the Autodesk Desktop App. Any advice? I really need to get on with works but this doesn't let me. Restarting doesn't help either. Please help.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report