Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seperate structure dialog supression

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ethor
2052 Views, 6 Replies

seperate structure dialog supression

When I solve using the API there is a dialog that comes up if there are 2 seperate structures, as it should. It says "seperate structure, dou you want to continue? Is there any way to automatically supress this dialog or simply respond with OK without having to click on it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ethor

Try

r.Project.CalcEngine.AnalysisParams.IgnoreWarnings = True

please

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
ovedmata
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

What is the meaning of the message "seperate structure", and how do i go about solving it? I have a 2 story building with a star deck on the roof and when I run calculation i get this error. I click continue, but I have no recommendations for As min or required in slab mesh design, and i fear I am making some bad mistakes.

Also I get Execution Problem No. 3060, do you know what this is?

Thank you,

Oved

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ovedmata

This means that (unless it is intended) you accidentally made some error (inaccuracy) in entering the model and there are two or more separate parts of the structure. After seeing this warning on the screen you can go to the node selection dialog and find that there is at least one selection group created. If you select this group you will be able to identify the separate part(s) of the model.

The 3060 error is most likely the consequence of ignoring the instability warning. If I''m correct it will disappear when you 'connect' the separate parts of your model (assuming that  the boundary conditions are as they should be).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
ovedmata

I understand now. I actually have to have it that way as i have columns and walls that connect only to one floor. However, this in no reason for the panel on the first floor to not be generated right? Why do you think it isn't generated?

Thanks ,

Oved

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ovedmata

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean saying 'panel is not generated'. Do you mean that it is not meshed? If so, check if you defined the panel calculation model as shell.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
ovedmata

I did have it assigned to shell, however I had designated Shell in reinforcment as well instead of N/A. Once i did that change it now has generated mesh. I am not getting any As min or As required recomendations, I will continue to work.

Thank you for all your help!

Oved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report