Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
kyp321
373 Views, 3 Replies

Separate structure

Hi,

I have two simple frames that i am about to analyze in robot and i was wondering.. could i use just one robot file to perform analysis? i know that i will be getting the separate structure error  but if that is it it shouldnt be a problem. Does anyone know of  any other problems i might get ?

Thanks

Kyp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: kyp321

If you want to run seismic analysis then you may want to check this topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Modal-and-Seismic-Analysis/m-p/3877241/highl...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
kyp321
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

so in summary it is ok unless dynamic analysis is perfromed ??
Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: kyp321

My point is that for seismic analysis you may find 'reading' results such as e.g. participation masses for each of the structures more difficult comparing to two separate models. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report