Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting particular ULS case from envelop results

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nany717
997 Views, 8 Replies

Selecting particular ULS case from envelop results

Hi, 

I am doing a reaction report for a structure. I am using RSA Professional 2014. I am new to this software. Earlier I used RISA 3D for structural analysis.

I have 6 pinned support nodes in the structure, and I have generated load combinations using automatic combination rules. In the results-> reactions , I checked the envelop reactions for the nodes. 

Lets say, my support node numbers are from 1 to 6 and I got the envelop result for node 1 , FZ high in ULS/1234. Similarly I can see envelop reactions for other nodes as well, but none of the other support nodes gave envelop results for this case. I know this ULS case might not be critical for other nodes, so they haven't shown the results for this case. 

What I want now is to check the reaction values at other nodes for that particular ULS/1234 case. I was unable to selec this single case. 

I have attached a screenshot of the envelope reactions. 

Please help, Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nany717

Switch to the Values tab and set ULS case in the load cases selection field.

ULS components.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9
nany717
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur, 

Thank you for the quick response. 

Its giving all the components reaction values as you said, but i want to filter out certain cases and I want results for all the support nodes for these cases.

As shown in the picture, I want those highlighted cases for all the support nodes. I dont want to copy paste the values, instead I will be using the screenshots in my report. So I need all these nodes with these cases at one place. 

env2.jpg

Message 4 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

In such case you should generate manual combinations instead of the automatic ones or convert the select components of code combinations.

code comb to man comb.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9
nany717
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I am going with the second option (Code Combination --> Combination). 

I really wished there will be a filter sort of thing for this issue. Bad Luck. 

Anyway my problem is solved. Thanks Artur. 

Message 6 of 9
t.sautierr

Is is not a filter but you can at least sort the combination even with automatic ones and then copy paste what you want easely.

Message 7 of 9
nany717
in reply to: t.sautierr

Yes, I can sort the combination, but I can't make the unwanted case components go away ( i mean hide them). 

In my case I have lot of case components, 18000 approx ...but I need only 30 of them where I want to check the reactions on the support nodes. 

Message 8 of 9
t.sautierr

then the simpliest is as artur told you bafore : manual comb (in automatic generator), and select only the comb number you want to be generated, or generate automatically and after create a simple load case from the component of ELU/ELS comb

Message 9 of 9
nany717
in reply to: t.sautierr

Yep, thats what saved me today...I was banging my head; thinking that there will be a filter...After straining my eyes a lot , I joined this form 🙂  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report