Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting load cases

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
344 Views, 1 Reply

Selecting load cases

Dear support,

I have been studying the Tranining Manual (Metric Version), and I have one question about load case selection for Steel Design.

In some examples, when choosing the load case to analyse or for optimization of the profiles (see pages 32,73,165,168), load combination where never chosen. For example, if we see the results of the exercise on page 166, code group 5 has a result of 0,98. I believe, if we run again with any combination this profile wouldn't pass.

Am I missing something? 

Gustavo  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I'd say that if you created combinations and used them for the design you would end up with larger sections found as the correct ones Smiley Wink

The examples are intended to get you familiar with the steel design module rather than being the 'real' design cases but of course you are absolutely right that combinations are in most cases used to check the section capacity (rather than simple load cases).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report