Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
afellows
372 Views, 4 Replies

Seismic Info

When I enter values for seismic design such as: S1, Ss, R, and I, Robot calculates values for Fv, Fa, Sd, Sds that are slightly lower than the values I calculated by hand even though we are both using the same building code calculation methods from ASCE.  Why is this so?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: afellows

I think we should be proud that we are expected to provide the answer on the detailed question about the reason for the difference in values not knowing not only these values but the parameters for which they were calculated but I'm afraid this is not going to be possible Smiley Happy

To investigate this issue we need both your hand calcs and the corresponding Robot file with the model.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
afellows
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Attached are the differences in calculations...

Message 4 of 5
afellows
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I am not sure how to send the robot file, so hopefully this shows the parameters you are looking for.

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: afellows

Just attach it in the same way as you did with the pdf file. If the size is what you are concerned about then select rtd without results as the type of the file in the Save as dialog and give it a new name. Then compress it.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report