Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seismic Base Shear in walls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GauravPJ
1129 Views, 3 Replies

Seismic Base Shear in walls

For the residential building that I am designing, I have set up the core walls along the elevator shaft to act as shear walls.

I have put in the parameters for the seismic load calculations under the seismic load case definitions in robot.

On running the calculations, the program tells me the total base shear acting on the building in the X and Y direction.

However how do I find out what portion of the base shear is going into any particular shear wall. In other words, how do I find out which wall attracts what percentage of the total base shear?

Gaurav

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Refaat
in reply to: GauravPJ

Hi

Please , take a look to attached captures

Refaat

Message 3 of 4
dimogrec

As far as I know till now there's not a way to see automatically the % of shear that each wall gets.  You can only see what refaat wrote, the shear part "absorbed" by all walls and the shear absorbed by all the columns. You have to find out manually the % you want, by viewing forces table (to get values Fy and Fz for the columns) and table results for core walls (to get values WFx and WFy for core walls - notice that core walls values are refereed to global coordinate system) and-or viewing diagrams for bars and diagrams for buildings.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda

base shear is going into any particular shear wall. 

Only in this way - Reduced Results table

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-67D72F99-C7D5-4C15-BE1A-45E8AE0A4330.htm?highl...

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report