Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectorial moment of inertia (I omega) in Section Builder and Steel design module

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jummybear
9070 Views, 6 Replies

Sectorial moment of inertia (I omega) in Section Builder and Steel design module

Hi guys!

Is it possible in robot to calculate section sectorial moment of inertia in section defenition module? I didnt find it, probably was looking in wrong place or its not possible?

@Jummybear Artur Kosakowskiedited the topic for better findability 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Yes, providing you define a section as a thin walled one.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Ok, but if i want to get sectorial moment of inertia of some section from database? I cant define it like thin walled section... Or i should redraw section by hand te get that moment? Looks like not very logical way 🙂

Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jummybear

Why illogical? Robot does not use iomega for some families so there is no such data for them.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
Jummybear
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Really? And what about laterial buckling controll? It and Iw showld be taken into cansideration

Message 6 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jummybear

Example, for IPE

ipe.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7

Iw_It.PNG

For steel design module this value is generally calculated according to the provisions (formulas) from the code itself (the selection of the formula to be used is governed by a section symbol assigned to a particular section). Mind that LTB is checked only for selected section types (again this is governed by section symbol). The value from the database is used only when the steel design code itself doesn't provide the necessary formulas.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report