Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Modulus Calculation in Central Coordinate System

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1811 Views, 3 Replies

Section Modulus Calculation in Central Coordinate System

Hi All,

I'm looking at calculating the section properties of a odd shaped profile, however when I run the results of the section definition it automatically defines the principal axis off at an angle relative to the approtioned mass of the section. Whilst i can get the Iy & Iz values for the central coordinate system (see attached printout) it doesn't calculate the section modulii; is there any way to do this in Robot without having to resort to manual calculation?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

They are calculated as they are displayed on this window.

Keep in mind that robot uses data from Pricipal axes results.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Rafal,

Thanks for your reply, however I think you may have mis-interpreted what I am after. I am looking for a means of getting the values for the Elastic Section Modulus (and possibly even the Plastic Section Modulus) relative to the Central coordinate system, not the Principle Coordinate system which is oriented in the wrong direction.

The results in the attached only appear to give the Moments of Inertia for the Central Coordinate system (unless i am missing something?)

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda

The results in the attached only appear to give the Moments of Inertia for the Central Coordinate system (unless i am missing something?)

No you are not. There are no such results for Central Coordinate system - this is what I meant previously.

Sorry for confusing you.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report