Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section cut results in tables

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sedefass
1496 Views, 9 Replies

Section cut results in tables

Hello,

My request is about the section cut resultant forces (integral values) - is there a way these forces to be displayed in tables.

Also my second question is how can I change some user property to become default one (like bar section, rigid links and etc.)

Please see the attachment.

Thank you in advance,

St.Stefanov

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tony.ridley
in reply to: sedefass

results;

Capture.JPG

user defined lists

Capture 2.JPG

cheers,

tony

Message 3 of 10
Rafacascudo
in reply to: tony.ridley

I think he wants table results from " custom" panel cuts .
he can have all the values along the cut through " diagram analysis" , but don´t know how to have all values in a table

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
tony.ridley
in reply to: Rafacascudo

like this in diagram analysis?

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 10
sedefass

I know about reduced results for panels, but these results are just for one panel. In my case two panels that are perpendicular each to another, work as a T section. With the panel cut diagrams I can see the resultant forces for the center of that T section, but it takes me a lot of time to evaluate the results for every one of those 150 combinations (especially when I have to check 8 sections), so if these resultant forces are put in a table, that will be just wonderful.

About my second question - everything is clear now.

Message 6 of 10
Rafacascudo

Well , if these "T sections" are vertical ,you could treat them as core walls and have their internal forces through " diagrams for buildings"
In fact ,It would be great if we could define horizontal(or any direction) " core walls" from multiple panels forming U ,T , L ,or any other section and get their internal forces as we can already get for "traditional" core walls.
🙂

Rafael Medeiros
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
sedefass

I have tried to use core walls before posting in the forum and I have realized that my T section need to be vertically orientated for this function to take effect.

I definitely share your opinion.

Thank you and thank the whole robot support and development team.
Best regards,
St.Stefanov

Message 8 of 10
Rafacascudo

If your model is not so huge ,maybe it is worth you rotate the whole structure 90 degrees and make the global  X or Y axis your vertical(gravity) axis and consequently align all your T sections with the global Z axis.

If you don´t have lots of loads ,it won´t be a lot of work to do.It is possible to define several core walls in the same model.

Well , this will only be possible if you have all your T sections in the same direction.

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
sedefass

Fortunately my T sections are in all orientated in one direction. Also I have used excel tables to enter the loading values, so I will just swap the X and Z columns.

Again thank you very much.
Message 10 of 10
wilson.to

want to know how to get the bending moment/ shear force along a particular section cut in table form

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report