Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running calculations on single load case or single combination

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bjur
2756 Views, 5 Replies

Running calculations on single load case or single combination

I have around 35 different load types defined in my model.   I have another 150 load combinations.  I would like to run selected load cases or combinations to check the model with out having to wait hours for it to run the whole list.  I though about saving it to a seperate file and deleting everything I don't want, but there has to be another way.  Is there a way I can run a single load case or combination?  If this is not a feature or there's no reasonable work around, I'd like to add it to the wish list.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stroxy
in reply to: bjur

I beleive you can assign an auxiliary case parameter to the cases you do not wish to run.

Message 3 of 6
bjur
in reply to: stroxy

This is handy for running large amounts of load combinations when I don't really want to see the individual load case results...that said, it doesn't help me out here.  What I was really looking for was a way to just run one or two load cases or one or two load combo's from my whole list of cases and combos.  I just want to make sure my non-linear model will run and give accurate results before I let it run all night.

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

I think what Stroxy suggested is the way to go. You can apply the auxiliary flag to a selection of simple load cases and combinations you do not want to run and only these that are not marked in this way will be calculated. All other combinations will be skipped and simple load cases will be used as loads definition only.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
bjur
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Certain types of analysis can't be skipped though.  For example Modal analysis can't be skipped or set to auxillary.  This will work though.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Try this:

restart.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report