Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA Pro 2013_Modes and mass particiaption

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mark_SHL
354 Views, 1 Reply

RSA Pro 2013_Modes and mass particiaption

Hi,

Can anyone please advise me how to graphically show the various mode shapes after a modal analysis.

The result - diagrams-deformation tab displays only the 1st mode shape.

Also, can anyone comment please on whether the expected number of modes for a 4 level concrete shear wall building would be in excess of 10?

My model does not seem to be able to hit 90% mass particiaption during a modal analysis within 10 modes.  Needs closer to 200!!

Help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Mark_SHL

Can anyone please advise me how to graphically show the various mode shapes after a modal analysis.

The result - diagrams-deformation tab displays only the 1st mode shape.

You need to select them from the list

Also, can anyone comment please on whether the expected number of modes for a 4 level concrete shear wall building would be in excess of 10?

My model does not seem to be able to hit 90% mass particiaption during a modal analysis within 10 modes.  Needs closer to 200!!

Most likely you have a lot of local vibrations of small parts of the structure.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums