Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA En 1993-5:2005 Pile Design for class 4 members

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SteveG021
382 Views, 4 Replies

RSA En 1993-5:2005 Pile Design for class 4 members

Morning Rafael, 

I am currently designing a steel berthing dolphin with class 4 supporting pile members. 

The jacket structure is made up of smaller steel elements which can easily be designed according to Eurocode 3:Part 1, but the supporting piles need to be designed using EN:Part 5, and since they are class 4 members, a shell buckling check is also required which requires using EN:Part 6.

I have spilt up the bars up into simple bars for the jacket structure and piles for the class 4 support piles.

Is there a way to design the simple bars by Eurocode Part 1 and the piles by Eurocode part 5 in the same model or file?

Also, is Eurocode Part 5 and 6 availble for Robot SA? We would be interested to purchase it.

Presently i only have Eurocode:Part 1 and therefore for the pile design i have changed the material factors to that of Part 5. Are there any other significant changes to be made between Part 1 and Part 5?

Thanks

Steve 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm not sure if I understand the situation correctly. In Robot we have implemented EN1993-1 EN1993-1-1 and 1993-5 1993-1-5 for design of plate girder profiles. The EN1993-6 EN1993-1-6 is not implemented.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Eurocode design for plate girders is infact EN 1993-1-5 and not EN 1993:Part 5 which is specifically for piles, and required.

Steve

Message 4 of 5
SteveG021
in reply to: SteveG021

Hi,

Eurocode design for plated structural elements (girders) is infact EN 1993-1-5 and not EN 1993: Part 5 which is specifically for piles, and required in this case.

Steve

Message 5 of 5

I hope that this time I get it right Smiley Happy

No, neither EN 1993-5 nor  EN 1993-6 are supported in Robot. 

I'm sorry but I'm not able to comment on any development plans for next versions of Robot.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums