Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROBOT-Results-detailed analysis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
luoxy
674 Views, 7 Replies

ROBOT-Results-detailed analysis

I have 2 questions regarding the detailed analysis function in ROBOT, refer to attached.

Any comments/advises are appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bjur
in reply to: luoxy

What questions did you have?
Message 3 of 8
luoxy
in reply to: bjur

thx bjur for your kind attention, sorry probably i didn't make myself clear, the question is in the attached pdf file.

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: luoxy

Please try the following steps:

1. Open detailed analysis result dialog

2. File > Screen Capture

3. Open Printout Composition and export the screen capture you made to Word

4. Select the table in Word and copy it to Excel

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Gents,

Thanks for your replies,

There are 2 probems that the provided solutions are not addressing:

1. The Print screen from Luoxy is an envelope of  combinations, so each node should generate a  minimum and maximum member force.  
  2. Relative characteristic points (at 0.1) do not provide 10 positions and the associated member force.   Only 4 positions and their associated My values are returned.

Isn't there an easy way (besides API) to extract the member forces on any bar at predefined intervals?

Message 6 of 8

The crucial thing : press Refresh button

(The same \ similar in ordinary Forces table)

For one case: 

refresh.jpg

For envelope

refforenv.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8

Ok, thanks Rafal. I  now understand that: 

The combinations do work using the Dvision points >> Characteristic points option.  Which requires the user to add point one at a time, and press refresh.

Also, the Dvision points >> N Points along bar length can generate member forces along the entire length for a single load case.

However, 

Dvision points >> N Points along bar length should generate max and min values for an envelope of cases.  But it doesn't.  If I have selected more than one case and N points along bar length = "20", the refresh button is greyed out and hitting apply doesn't generate +ve and -ve values.  Refer to PDF.

Message 8 of 8

The combinations do work using the Dvision points >> Characteristic points option.  Which requires the user to add point one at a time, and press refresh.

No, just press Refressh to find all characteristic points on diagram (for one case\comb)

Dvision points >> N Points along bar length should generate max and min values for an envelope of cases.  But it doesn't.  

No, pressing Refresh button generates max and min points of single case diagram .

In case of envelope - results from last case from the list are displayed I guess.

Envelope is presented in Forces table.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report