Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot report temporary files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic
527 Views, 4 Replies

Robot report temporary files

Anyone who knows,

am I correct to assume that when we add something to Robot report (in printout composition) that Robot creates temporary files?

As I am having trouble translating Robot reports, my current solution uses MS Word files that Robot created and translate them.

My solution works this way:

- user compose printout

- saves it in .doc, .docx or .html format

- add all of the those report/s in my application

- application translate report into desired language (in my case in Croatian) (and saves it)

My latest idea is to find Robot report temp files and translate them before user even decide to which format (.doc, .rtf, .html or other format types) will save them.

Is this possible? I mean, are there temp files so I can do monkey business with them.  😉

If you know they exist, I'll try to look for them if you don't know where they exactly are.

Thanks!

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
t.sautierr
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Can't you change the language in Robot parameters?
Message 3 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: t.sautierr

I dare you to change (either working or printout) language to Croatian (Serbian, Bosnian whatever)

Go, try it!

😉

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 4 of 5
t.sautierr
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Okay 🙂
forgot that detail ..... I've been trying even to learn but I'm still stuck with my wife's language!

-> autodesk wishlist or tell your client to learn english!

Bog
Message 5 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: t.sautierr

Good luck learning your wifes language, I must add to that: Croatian is high on the list of hard-to-learn-languages, so any progress from your side is admirable.

I have an opinion that no foreigner can learn to speak Croatian as natives are speaking it (that's why we don't have problem with spies 😉  )

Autodesk wishlist?

I've already tried that. Autodesk doesn't care about small market of Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia.

I've even offer them that I will translate it in my free time, pro-bono.

My clients speaks English, problem is in documentation.

Here, local and state authorities doesn't allow documentation on any language but Croatian - so that's where the problem begins.

I've already made one solution, but I am interesting in more advanced stuff now.

Thanks for trying!

Bog!

🙂

Mirko Jurcevic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report