I am the only structural engineer in my company needing to used Structural Software.
I'm considering the Ultimate Revit Design Suite with Robot Structural.
I've fiddled with the demo Seen a couple product demonstrations, and the training videos, and I like what I see so far.
As this is a Big Ticket Item (about $4k to $5K over the non-integrated traditional AutoCADD with a STADDPro, or Enercalc license) I'd like to know your experiences about a few things.
I'm looking to draft standard Structure modules, design them, print a report for an independant review, and then produce manufacture-ready detail drawings with BOMs for relase to Bid and build.
- How smooth is the integration fom ROBOT to Revit STructural to Mavis works Really?
- ROBOT seems limited to superstructure, and doesn't handle the base-plate and foundation interactively or at all. Is this true? What's your experience?
- How do you rate ROBOT's reporting? (Completeness, Accuracy and Independant reviewability, Easy of use)
- Do you find it worth your money? (1-not at all, to, 10 - YES YES YES)
- Other comments or Quirkiness to know.
I know the details are sketchy, but I'm looking for a broader brush to help me understand the reality of the pretty picture the demo's paint.