Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot API RC Beam Reinforcement Shape

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1001 Views, 3 Replies

Robot API RC Beam Reinforcement Shape

How to Control the shape of Reinforcing steel bars in an rcbeam component created in a project :

1- the IRConcrReinforcement interface doesn't have Shap or segments under it(Like the ones in the butl name space), am i missing something ???

2- I Used a Cast to return RCReinforcengbar (from Common Concrete Object Reinforcement butl not RobotOM) From IRConcerReinforcingBar (from RobotOM) and it works, the problem is that now i can't create a new segment to add to RCReinforcingbarsegments (after i convert it to a list using cast<>()), when i try to use new RCReinforcingBarSegment() it doesn't give compiler error but when i execute it, it gives me error Class not registered.

3- what does the constructor of RCReinforcingBarSegment() do if not create new object ???

I Have Attached the C# project it was created with visual studio 2013.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

See this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/api-define-column-reinforcements-in-rsa-usin...

Sample code also - for listing rebars from database

required adding reference for ROBarNormDb 2014.0 Type Library

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ConsoleApplication8
{
   class Program
   {
      static void Main(string[] args)
      {
         const double PSI2PA = 6894.75729;

ROBarNormDbLib.BarNormDbAccess barDBAccess = new ROBarNormDbLib.BarNormDbAccess();
         barDBAccess.Load(@"c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2014\Data\Reinf\bar_ACI 318-08.xml");
         bool bIsMetric = barDBAccess.IsMetric() != 0;
         int nSteelCount = barDBAccess.SteelSize();
         for (int iSteel = 0; iSteel < nSteelCount; iSteel++)
         {
            double fStress = barDBAccess.GetSteelDiam_Stress(iSteel, 0);
            if (!bIsMetric)
            {
               fStress *= PSI2PA;
            }
            bool iribbed = barDBAccess.GetSteelDiam_IsPlain(iSteel, 0) == 0;
            string sSymb = barDBAccess.GetSteel(iSteel);
            for (int iDiam = 0; iDiam < barDBAccess.Steel_DiamSize(iSteel); iDiam++)
            {
               double diam = barDBAccess.GetSteelDiam(iSteel, iDiam);
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

first thanks for your reply.

second :

1- sorry if i wasn't specific about what i want :

I want to manually control the longtitudal shape of the rebar in reinforced concrete (more specifically I want to draw bent bars two bends at 45 degree or 60 degree depending on beam geometry depth and also control the distance at which the inclined segment of the bent bar begins, and concrete frame rebar detailng too.). and i don't think that this really can be done with robarshapedb which is about diameter database or am i wrong???

also :

2- I have a problem in my code that i uploaded in :

Set bar = bars.Add("00", IRConcrBarType.I_CBT_BAR_TYPE_LON_MAIN, IRConcrBarSubtype.I_CBS_BAR_SUBTYPE_ANY, diameterLong, bendDiam)

that no matter what bar type i use it adds U bar i can't even add straight bars isn't "00" shape code is for straight bars in robot that have a lenght A, am i missing something there ??

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

that no matter what bar type i use it adds U bar i can't even add straight bars isn't "00" shape code is for straight bars in robot that have a lenght A, am i missing something there ??

00 is a straight bar, but if you do not set parameters correctly the bar segment 1m is generated and both hooks 1m (each).

We will post correct code asap.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report