Robot Structural Analysis

Active Contributor
guillaumeniel
Accepted Solution

Robot API - open and close project issues

230 Views, 5 Replies
01-01-2013 03:32 AM

Hi,

First question : I want to close a Robot project without saving using API code 'Robot.Project.Close', and without closing RSA application.

But nothing happens. I would like to go back to the starting window (the grey one with 'Projects' And 'New Project' Option). But the project is still opened and still appears in the Robot window. How can I do that ? Is there a kind of 'refresh' script to add ?

Second question : I open RSA through API using 

Dim Robot As New RobotApplication
Robot.Visible = True
Robot.Window.Activate

I would like the RSA window to come to the front, above the window form which the API script is launched (Rhino&Grasshopper in my case - it could be Excel). It is not the case with my script, RSA just appears in the task bar, but does not become visible. How can I do that ?

Thanks

Guillaume

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Rafal.Gaweda

Re: Robot API - open and close project issues

01-02-2013 01:12 AM in reply to: guillaumeniel

First question : I want to close a Robot project without saving using API code 'Robot.Project.Close', and without closing RSA application.

But nothing happens. I would like to go back to the starting window (the grey one with 'Projects' And 'New Project' Option). But the project is still opened and still appears in the Robot window. How can I do that ? Is there a kind of 'refresh' script to add ?

IN fact robot can not open moer than 1 project so Close option does not work as you think.

Close just sets Modified flag onto false and then while loading (openining new file) program will not ask you whether to save changes in previous file. So Close project then open file.

Rafal Gaweda
Please use plain text.
Product Support
Rafal.Gaweda

01-02-2013 01:15 AM in reply to: guillaumeniel

Second question : I open RSA through API using 

Dim Robot As New RobotApplication
Robot.Visible = True
Robot.Window.Activate

I would like the RSA window to come to the front, above the window form which the API script is launched (Rhino&Grasshopper in my case - it could be Excel). It is not the case with my script, RSA just appears in the task bar, but does not become visible. How can I do that ?

After Robot.Visible = True it should be visible.
If you want it in foreground you have to use windows system functions, most likely using RobotApplication.Window.Handle

Rafal Gaweda
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
guillaumeniel

01-02-2013 12:30 PM in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

OK, 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
aruser

08-20-2014 07:30 AM in reply to: guillaumeniel
Hi,
I would like to close the Project at the end of the sub after saving the changes.

"robot.project.close" seems nothing happens.

How can I close the Project or the application?
Thks
Please use plain text.
Product Support
Artur.Kosakowski

08-20-2014 11:55 PM in reply to: aruser

Try robot.Quit(IRobotQuitOption.I_QO_SAVE_CHANGES)

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Please use plain text.