Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot API - Create panels with node numbers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
V_Andres
947 Views, 3 Replies

Robot API - Create panels with node numbers

Hello,

I would like to create cladding panels (I will use them to apply area load to my structure) in Robot 2014 through API using node numbers to define the triangular panels. I have seen in another  thread an example of how to create panels with API, but I see that they use coordinates.

I would like to define the panels with node numbers (the same way to define bars), in order for the panels to 'move' with my structure, when I change the node's coordinates (I am doing an optimisation based on the node's location). Is that possible?

When I try to create a panel that way through the GUI, it seems only possible if you have bars that enclose an area, but in my case, I don't have such bars.

Thanks in advance!

V.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: V_Andres

Is that possible?

Unfortunately not.

Only corrdinates can be used.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
V_Andres
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think that it may be a good suggestion for the development team. Anything that makes Robot more 'parametrical' would be very useful.

Regards,

V.

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc. Registered in England No. 1885586. Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies registered in the United Kingdom and locations around the world can be found at http://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: V_Andres

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums