Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot 2014 to 2015 Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Kiron.House
308 Views, 4 Replies

Robot 2014 to 2015 Issues

Hi,

I have recently installed Robot 2015 on my computer, when I opened up a model created in 2014 all my load types chabged to non-linear.

I tried changing them back in the analysis type dialog box but it doesn't seem to change (see attached)

I have then reopened th efile in 2014 and have the same problem.

I have gone back to an older revision of my model and only opened this up in 2014.

At first this remains as static linear analysis case but then as soon as I hit run calculations it changes my load cases and combinations to non-linear.

How can I either stop this from occuring or change it back to linear analysis. Will I have to uninstall 2015 for the time being?

Kind Regards

Kiron House

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Kiron.House

This can be due to non linear elements on your model like unidirectional supports  , tension/compression only bars , unidirectional  bar releases ,etc

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Kiron.House
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thanks Rafacasudo, it probably was becasue I set some of the members as tension only.

I'll change them to pinned-pinned I think then.

Message 4 of 5
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Kiron.House

Is there any reason that you should avoid a " nonlinear" analysis?

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Kiron.House
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Just because of the extra time it takes to run the calculations for now, the model is relatively big.

I might change it later on when the design is more detailed in the later stages of design.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report