Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot 2012 - Contours turned into Openings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wkung
250 Views, 5 Replies

Robot 2012 - Contours turned into Openings

I am trying to put an area load onto a large piece of floor slab. I tried to use contour to draw out my area first before selecting it and applying the load. However I found that when I do this, my contour turn itself into an opening automatically. Also a error message is received because the load is still applied to the opening instead of the floor slab itself.

is there any way of forcing Robot to create a contour instead of turning itself into an opening?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wkung
in reply to: wkung

Message 3 of 6
Romanich

Try to use closed polyline instead of contour.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

or use Uniform Planar Load on Contour or assign panel properties (the same as for the slab) to this opening.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
wkung
in reply to: Romanich

What's the best way of doing it? I have used over 200 contours already and I don't want to redo everything again as the model is massive and it would take me 3-4days to change all that. (Trust me, the time spent waiting for Robot to respond to a click is longer than doing a hand calculation myself)

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish I knew about this few weeks ago before I was editing it. Now I found a lot of issues have occured.

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

select all these contours and apply Panel properties (using "Object List") to them.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report