Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
Vale47
1835 Views, 9 Replies

Rigid links

Hello,

I'm modelling the next structure and I would like to put an internal mass in its center of gravity. For this, i would like to connect this mass with the structure through  rigid links, but the problem is that Robot makes a connection outside of the structure.

structure.JPG

I  have thought in doing several parts in the structure (several centers of gravity and several nodal masters),so I could reduce the error, but could I fix the problem without doing this?

Thanks a lot

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Vale47

Try to switch off display of rigid link surface.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
Vale47
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I thought the problem was solved, but know I hesitate because if I'm right, if we switch off display of rigid link surface, we will not see anymore the "outside" connection, but it will still be there. ROBOT takes it for the calculation, and so, even if we don't see it, the result of the calculation will be the same, isn't?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Vale47

No, the surface is sort of the 'enhanced' display intended more for object like slabs when you don't want to see too much of details (lines to each node of the slab). The display I suggested is the exact one.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

Good morning ,

I am using rigid link to model behavior of a frame structure due a seismic lateral equivalence force ,

All nodes are linked  to a master node located at he mass center of gravity.

To correct simulate behavior all directions are supossed to be Blocked Ux , Uy , Yz and only rotation shoul be unblocked ?

Could you correct my supposition if is wrong

Best Regards

Message 6 of 10

What do you intend to model with these rigid links? A slab?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10

what I am to inted to model is a ground mounted structure for a   Photovoltaic Panel Array

Thank you for the quick response

Message 8 of 10

Could you attach a sketch of this structure and the intended location of the rigid links? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Herein the  screenshot of the struture

Thank you very much for the support

RRA

Message 10 of 10

You may want to define a panel with the predefined rigid diaphragm calculation model or define UZ RX RY support and the rigid links as shown below.

rigid diaphragm.png

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report