Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigid links in ROBOT - how are distributed forces

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
gajewskijarek
4175 Views, 11 Replies

Rigid links in ROBOT - how are distributed forces

I have a question to "Rigid Links". What is the rule for the distribution forces from master node to the slaves nodes. Because I did a simple test for transfer Moment and Force (figure under), I blocked the UZ for the slaves nodes.

Rigid_links_distribution_Moment.jpgRigid_links_distribution_Force.jpg

It is looks like depending from geometry of the slaves nodes.
I also tested an centric and eccentric master node position in terms to the columns.
Answer is important when we use "rigid links" for example to connect beam element and shell element.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

You can think of a rigid link as of a very rigid bar element connecting a master node with a slave one. The unblocked d.o.fs can be then assumed as corresponding releases applied to this bar at the slave node end.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12

Ok. That's right - for simple situation. But I still don't know why I received the results on the below figures.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

In HELP (F1) I didn't find the answer.
It must be some rule according to which forces transfer from Master node to Slave Nodes ( when we have more slave nodes) - I suppose it's geometric rule.  Most of the programs (FEA) have the similar function "rigid links".

Message 4 of 12

Some programs have  some geometric rules and if I remember correctly STAAD uses or at least used to use something like that (sort of having the same displacements for connected nodes) but in Robot it is as I described it. Try to replace rigid links with rigid bar elements with appropriate releases at the slave nodes when applicable and compare the results.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12
Tuctas
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Can we know how much rigid are these fictitious bars that connect the master node with the slave nodes? I mean the arithmetic value of the rigidity of these rigid links (in all d.o.f's).

Message 6 of 12
teixeiranh
in reply to: Tuctas

Why would you want to know that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The most powerful force on the universe is compound interest.”
Subscribe me on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6G8OOp318Z1MFzJj5T8uWw
Message 7 of 12
Tuctas
in reply to: teixeiranh

The understanding of the exact simulation of rigid links always maters.

Message 8 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

As far as I remember it is either 1000 or 10000 time more rigid than the elements it connects.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12
Tuctas

O.k. However, if you find out which of the numbers (1000 or 10000) is used, please let me know. Does this amplification concerns all the d.o.f's (the same factor for all d.o.f's)?

Message 10 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

10000 and yes Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12
Dirgs

Hello,

I've some trouble on an analysis model of a small building. The model was already partially constructed and it has membrane rigid links created on each story, which I cannot delete.
Already had tried delete the nodes on rigid link table and by graphic interface, but each time I run it, they appear again...Can you please help with this?

RigidLink_Model.png

Thanks,

Dirgs

Message 12 of 12
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Dirgs

This comes from " panel calculation model"

your slabs are assigned with a type that has partial (XY) or full stiffenning(rigid body) on "connection of nodes for the slab"

If you don´t know the type which is assigned to your panels goto View/Display.../panels/panel description/calculation model type

panel calculation model.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report