Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigid Link Between shell and nodes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
willjvizcaya
843 Views, 6 Replies

Rigid Link Between shell and nodes

Greetings Everyone.

Im creating this model of a steel structure wich holds a circular gas pipe.

VIEW.jpg

At first i created the circular shape having 4 points in common at the base of the pipe and it seems to work out good. however in the different upper lvls this gas pipe is uspposed to have a "guide ring" wich allows it to expand on its edge (Zdir).

NODES.jpg

I thought this could be done by using rigid links, or compatible nodes, however the meshing model of shell pipes creates only six edges, and it seems not working properly, moving the pipe by itself.

PERIOD.jpg

Hope u can solve this issue for me Thx.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but you can try to define short and rigid bars that connect the gas pipe with the rest of the structure with vertical displacements and rotations released at the side which connect to the pipe.

I don;t know how you created the pipe (extrusion, revolve) but this is when you can decide on the number of divisions of the pipe.

If this is not good enough send the model and the sketch that illustrates how this looks like in reality.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

here is the ilustration, i cant attach model because its 1mb. is there other way¡?

INVT.jpg

the idea is to fix tue pipe at the botton, using the upper floors to restrain x and (blue rings).

Message 4 of 7

Looking at the picture I  would model something like that.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
willjvizcaya
in reply to: willjvizcaya

Great idea Thx for Response!

Is there any way to change the number of sides of the cirsular shell after extrusion?.

The post is already anwered im just curious.

Message 6 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: willjvizcaya

Example movie: http://screencast.com/t/NP7rC3G6tXRb

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7
willjvizcaya
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Correct! Thx.

Best Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report