Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
HoshangMustafa
493 Views, 2 Replies

Rigid diaphragm

Hi

Am I right:

1- Rigid diaphragm will transfer the load on panel directly to the beams without contributing to the bending moment induced due to the applied vertical load on the surface of the panel.

2- Rigid diaphragm will result in max My and Fz in the beams supporting the panel.

3- If I model panel with rigid diaphragm the design of the beams will be safer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Rafal

Hi Artur

Am I right:

1- Rigid diaphragm will transfer the load on panel directly to the beams without contributing to the bending moment induced due to the applied vertical load on the surface of the panel.

2- Rigid diaphragm will result in max My and Fz in the beams supporting the panel.

Message 3 of 3

Correct as there is no surface elements generated.

If you mean that the load distribution generated in this way will create bending and shear in the beams then yes.

I can't tell. In the situation when the load distribution is different than based on tributary area this may not be true. 

MY distribution.png
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums