Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHS sections and K-joint, both diagonal under compression and material S420MH

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KMSC
1013 Views, 3 Replies

RHS sections and K-joint, both diagonal under compression and material S420MH

Can you clarify me, if Robot is calculating correct, see attched pngs, in situation we have K-joint with both diagonal under compression force and secondly I think that Robot is not notice the reduction factor 0.9 when using higher steel quality than S355 !?

I think that in both situation Robot is not calculationg correct or am I missing something ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: KMSC

I'm not sure if I understand your 1st remark correctly. Which other formulas do you think should be used?

For the reduction factor - thank you for indicating this situation. I have asked the development team to investigate this issue.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
KMSC
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi

Attached is Cidect's Rhs joints and there is shown K-joint with both diagonals in compression as "X" joint and "footprint" with combined of two braces? Which formula (X, Y, K ?)  is right for these kind of  situation ?

What about table 7.15 (EN 1993-1-8) and type of joint "All bracing members should be either compression or tension" ?  But we have not braces on the other side of chord...

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: KMSC

I see what you mean. Currently in such situation Robot assumes the formulas as for the K type but I think the use of the X ones instead makes sense. It would be good to know what other people on the forum think Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report