Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Robot transfer problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mirko.Jurcevic
813 Views, 1 Reply

Revit to Robot transfer problems

Hi,

I've stumbled upon few problems when transfering model from Revit to Robot.

Same things happen for "Direct integration" and "SMXX" ways.

I have detected following problems:

- it seems that Robot doesn't understand "Material for model behaviour" parameter in the structural framing family (maybe this is ok) BUT

- Robot doesn't understand the material also (when you edit the profile in the Robot, Robot thinks it's a Timber, but it is a Concrete beam (beacause of the material or "Material for model behaviour" parameter - I tested every option) etc.)... hm, but sometimes it understands it correctly, I can't find the pattern

(I've used Robot materials in Revit, transfered by "Content Generator" add-in)

- Naming of the profiles (Type name) are BIG problem, you can't have something like "18x18" because of "x", it change dimensions of the profile (it multiply it by 2,47). I've tested it on few types, every time when there is a "X" in the name, Robot get it wrong.. for example "18/18" works fine.

- Naming of the material is also a problem (but minor), for example, collon symbol can't be in the material name (":"), when such material is transfered to Robot, Robot cut's everything before ":" symbol... It's not a big problem, but it is confusing.

{ I AM USING: ROBOT AND REVIT VERSION 2015 WITH LATEST UPDATES. }

I've put all of this in the video, you can find it here:

http://screencast.com/t/B4fvi4lcy

I can send you Revit file also.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Here is A360 link to that model:

http://a360.co/1vGlLbt

(I've translated model expressions to English)

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report