Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resutls of user defined cross-sections

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ioannisverroios
349 Views, 3 Replies

resutls of user defined cross-sections

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import a user defined cross-section using the section definition module. When I run my analysis, I get results of forces and bending moments in the direction of the main axis. Which means that all diagrams have different directions in relation with their local coordinate system. How can I get results in the direction of the local coordinate system of each bar?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think I do not understand you.
Internal forces results for bars are ALWAYS presented in LCS of each bar.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rafal,

when I am importing a user defined cross-section, the local coordinate system of the bar is shown as illustrated in attached pic 1 with an angle relation to the global coordinate system (I think that this is the principal coordinate system). Therefore, all the produced diagrams are "inclined" as shown in pic 2. Am I doing something wrong when I import the cross-section to the model or this is the default procedure for the program? 

Message 4 of 4

when I am importing a user defined cross-section, the local coordinate system of the bar is shown as illustrated in attached pic 1 with an angle relation to the global coordinate system (I think that this is the principal coordinate system).

Yes

Therefore, all the produced diagrams are "inclined" as shown in pic 2.

Yes

Am I doing something wrong when I import the cross-section to the model or this is the default procedure for the program? 

No,

See :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/lcs-of-steel-member-dependent-on-strong-weak...

You can find the procedure on forum how to change it (modify section properties in database to not have it in principal axes) - but do it on your own risk.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report