Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

responce spectrum

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
alb2
1124 Views, 7 Replies

responce spectrum

Hello,

since I cant find any tutorial for spectrum analysis for RSA, i am trying to slove a staad example in RSA.

the model is attached, but i am getting confused with modal analysis and the spectral analysis., cant get the same results as in the example.

Can you please explain how to apply correctly the modal analysis for the load case 2, and the spectral anlysis for the given requirement : spectum CQC X 1 ACC DAMP 0.05

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: alb2

Send us staad file also

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
alb2
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Unfortunately I dont have the staad file, I was verifying the example into RSA from the data in pdf file. Sorry

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

we see different results (natural freq in modal) and even in static case 1 – Fx reactions , Fz are correct

We guess that sectional properties can be a little bit different (A Ix Iy Iz) for these sections.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
alb2

Can you please send me the model, I want to see how to apply correctly the modal analysis and the spectral one.

And also, I don't know how to decide regarding the load to mass convertion, add mass to dynamic load or modal case, which direction and coeff. to chose.

Is this specified in any code in respect of the structure, or is a decision that the designer have to make?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

If we consider load case as loads for mases for mode \ spectral case it is enough to defined them as below, model case settings and load to mass conversion also.

modal.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Spectral case definition movie: http://screencast.com/t/upYuXbUiyiv

File attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8
alb2

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report