Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resistance design and resistance characteristic

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
asab1409
1313 Views, 2 Replies

resistance design and resistance characteristic

What is the difference between resistance characteristic and resistance design ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
teixeiranh
in reply to: asab1409

As far as I am concerned, characteristic resistance is the 5-quantile resistance of a material.

Design resistance is that resistance (characteristic) divided by the safety factor (it is dependent of the regulation). In RSAP I assume that you can specify directly that resistance, and not bothering with the safety factor… (I guess).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The most powerful force on the universe is compound interest.”
Subscribe me on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6G8OOp318Z1MFzJj5T8uWw
Message 3 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: asab1409

the best way to define a new Concrete material is to open the design code you want to use and check if it gives you characteristic (I think this is true for most of codes) or design (e.g. old Polish code) values as well if they are for cylindrical or cubical samples. Then you should make the corresponding settings and enter these values. Robot will convert them (when needed) into the other ones based on the selected design code provisions.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report