Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required types are not ascribed to SLS combinations - How to fix?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ruipfbarreiros
3180 Views, 9 Replies

Required types are not ascribed to SLS combinations - How to fix?

Hi,

I'm getting this error when calculating required reinforcement for beams and columns. I'm using the "simplified automatic combinations" but I also have manual combinations created, and these are set corretly, meaning that SLS combos are set as CHR, QPR and FRE.

What's wrong? Shouldn't automatic combinations deal with this correcly?

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

What did import: manual combinations or simple load cases? Which ones you actually want to use in the RC Design modules?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

I'm using Code combinations. I started out with manual combinations because I thought code combinations would be difficult to set up  and I would have little control over what robot was doing, but it actually is better as it automatically creates envelope combinations.

Again, I'm using the Required reinforcement module, not the provided reinforcement..

Message 4 of 10

Could you send me the rtd file and indicate elements to design as well as make a screen capture with the load case/combination selection dialog showing your load cases/combinations selection please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

Deleting the automatic combinations seemed to have solved the problem. I'm now using manual combinations and I don't get that error anymore.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem when I use the required reinforcement module to assess however, in my case, all load combos were defined manually i.e. I do not have any automatic load combinations to delete (as was the fix for the original query). Can you please help to resolve this issue?

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 10

Hi @michael.ekpo

Try the following steps:

1. Open the Combinations table on the Edit tab

2. Add Combination Types column

3. Check (and change to if required) if you have SLS:QPR etc. types assigned or only SLS

If this doesn't solve the situation attach the model please.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 10

Thank you very much @Artur.Kosakowski this resolved the issue.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
JPNR87
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi, 

program is in required reinforcement mode. Where to find this edit tab:

1. Open the Combinations table on the Edit tab

thanks!

Answer is here: SLS:QPR

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/sls-combination/m-p/3316923/highlight...

Message 10 of 10

Hi Arthur,

I usually have the same message as described above. I usually create manually the SLS and ULS combinations only.

Please see a model attacehd which I created to show the issue.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report