Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required reinforcement for slabs - reinforcement maps problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
00alberto
1063 Views, 3 Replies

required reinforcement for slabs - reinforcement maps problem

Hi all,

i was trying to reproduce the "verification problem 1 - RC slabs , punching" of the "Verification Manual EC codes" of RSAP2012.

The punching results are correct, but i noticed a strange behavior in the provided reinforcement maps.

The example is a simple rectangular slab, 24cm thick, 8m x 8m, with one support in the middle.

The required reinforcement area for Y direction is 10.01 cm2/m, which is correct (I used fck=15MPa, according to the manual).

However, the provided reinforcement area map shows 8mm bar/5 cm , which does not correspond with the diameter I put in the Reinfocement pattern dialogue (12 mm). It shows  8mm bar/5 cm even where the required area is much less.

It shows also an area of 11.31cm2/m, which is not 8mm bar/5 cm, but (I calculated) 12mm/10cm.

So I assume the provided reinforcement area is correct, but the diameter and the spacing are not correct... Am i right? or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The provided reinforcement is displayed as the description of the zone rather than in form of a map (see the attached picture). What you refer to is just the scale of reinforcement with sample bar diameter and spacing corresponding to a particular reinforcement area.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, I didn't notice the "Zone Description" values were correct. The trick was to switch off the maps values, than all become clear.

But I thinks it is a bit confusing... map values and zone description values do not match. what are the 8mm/5cm values for? They are neither theoretical values nor real reinforcements.

Message 4 of 4

The idea was to create graphical pattern of areas for which required area of reinforcement is lower than area calculated based on bar diameter and spacing entered in the table you refer to. This was to allow for easier definition of the reinforcement zones in the manual way (zones in which you would like to use given bar diameter and/or spacing). This functionality is not fully supported in the current version of Robot.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report