Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releases on local axis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1195 Views, 7 Replies

Releases on local axis

I need to provide releases on the local "X" axis only of my columns. 

I can only work out how to apply releases on the globel axis and as the building is rotated through

10 degrees the releases do not line up correctly with the local axis.

How do I apply these releases to the local axis?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Release are always applied in LCS of bars, not in global CS.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Rafacascudo

bar releases are always applied to bar local axes.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Oh OK, maybe it's just the graphics then, as they look like they are not applied to the local axis.

Thanks

Craig Morris

Structa LLP, Charter Court, Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 5GF | www.structa.co.uk
craig.morris@structa.co.uk | direct 01442 419 877
[Structa Logo]

London 020 3301 2570 | Hemel Hempstead 01442 419 850 | Swindon 01793 209 130 | Warwick 01926 485 586

The Registered Office of Structa LLP is Able House, Figtree Hill, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 5XH. Structa LLP is registered in England and Wales No. OC308316. The information contained in this email may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message please reply to the sender indicating that you have received it in error, and do not use, act on, disclose, print, copy, forward or otherwise disseminate the contents of this email or any attachments to it. Internet communication is not secure and Structa LLP does not accept legal responsibility for the integrity or contents of this email and any attachments.
Message 5 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Oh OK, maybe it's just the graphics then, as they look like they are not applied to the local axis.

On graphics? There are just letters x or f on each dof indicating which direction is fixed or free.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 8
Rafacascudo

Are you really wanting to release local X of all your columms or release a "special "(10 degrees rotated)  X direction on all your supports??

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

You can view either the release symbols or the release codes.

When I view the release codes I see what I expect to see - xxxfff, or similar.

When I view the release symbols they mostly look exactly the same, except there are two that are rotated through 90 degrees compared with all of the others. 

The symbols themselves also appear to line up with the global axis, when I view the section shapes. This is the reason that I assumed that I would need to rotate them to the correct orientation, as you would with the supports.

I am happy if you can confirm that this is nothing to worry about.

Would you like to see the model?

Thanks,

Craig

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

When I view the release symbols they mostly look exactly the same, except there are two that are rotated through 90 degrees compared with all of the others. 

Symbols are always identical. Sometimes rotated depengidn on viewing direction or maybe something else.

The important things are codes(letters) : xxxfff

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report