Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement Designer - Manually modifying input parameters

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Jesper.Jensen
651 Views, 9 Replies

Reinforcement Designer - Manually modifying input parameters

Hi,

When using the reinforcement designer and calculating required reinforcement for SLS to CP65 this is done limiting the crack width to 0.3mm. If on a specific job I need to do the same calculations, but limit the crack width to 0.25mm, is there a way to do so in Robot?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

1. Increase unit precision in Job Preferences

2. Set crack limit

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Artur that's great, but how do you bring forward the CP65 Reinforcement Parameter Tab?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 4 of 10

I'm afraid that I don't understand the question. Could you rephrase it please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

If you open the attachement you made in your first reply, the bottom picture show a tab called "CP65 Reinforcement Parameters" where the crack width can be modified. Can you please let me know how I can access or open that window in Robot?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 6 of 10
Romanich
in reply to: Jesper.Jensen

Hi Jesper,

howsls.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Jesper.Jensen
in reply to: Romanich

Hi,

Thanks for the previous replies, answers were perfect. I've another question in relation to the crack width calculations I'm hoping you can answer. I assume the crack width is calculated in the location as indicated on the attachment (between the bars at a distance acr) is that correct?

If I specify a 200mm cover, is there a way I can force Robot to calculate the crack width at a distance 40mm from the outermost bar, and not at the face?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 8 of 10

I'm afraid that I don't understand the question. Robot calculates cracks in these locations (s is based on calculated require reinforcement area and declared bar diameter).

crack.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Yes, that was my assumption as well.

In the dialog box shown above (4 in red brackets) called "CP65 Reinforcement Parameters" I can define the top/bottom cover under the tab called "Reinforcement".

If I set the cover to 200mm, is there a way to force Robot to calculate the crack width 40mm away from the reinforcement, instead of at the concrete face 200mm away?

Thanks,

Jesper

Message 10 of 10

I'm sorry but there is no such possibility.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report