Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement bars database

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Khalid-Elejla
3129 Views, 12 Replies

Reinforcement bars database

Hello,

I want to ask about the reinforced bar database I was working on Robot 2010 and I wasn't having any problem but when I switched to Robot 2014 I found that there is a problem in the reinforced bars database

Although it was on ACI 318 metric which is the code I use in designing but I found that it isn't the usual bars diameter I usually use

I know the database depend on the region so I am from middle east steel comes to our country from Israel and turkey So what is the reinforcement database (or Specification)  used in this country

My usual database like Ø8,Ø10,Ø12,Ø14,Ø16 and named by grades (grade 360,420) So the main diffrence in the diammeters

and if I can change or modifiy the database please tell me How??

Please reply as fast as possible

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AhmedZA
in reply to: Khalid-Elejla

steel comes to your  country from Israel and turkey  Smiley Tongue

you can moddify database and add new diameter

how ?  save file under new name and copy it to this file path (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2014\Data\Reinf)

B.JPG

hope this helps

Message 3 of 13
Khalid-Elejla
in reply to: AhmedZA

Thank you Mr Ahmed you are a live saver, and it worked perfectly for me I knew I had to save the XML file but I don't know were 

I kinda new graduated engineer and this staff is new for me I wan to ask you If I choose 2D frame project in robot and I want to model a beam column structure which is not frame (I mean the beam and column were pured in the location separately) So what kind of support I suppose to choose I mean it's not fully pin It can resist some moment so is it OK to make it as a pin or a roller or not

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 13
AhmedZA

hi

read this (Support and Connection Types)

http://web.mit.edu/4.441/1_lectures/1_lecture13/1_lecture13.html

fixed.JPG

Message 5 of 13
Khalid-Elejla

This page was helpfully 

about the main problem I thought it was solved but it wasn't after I defined the new database I tried to design a beam but I found that the problem was not actually solved I found that the reinforcement bars wasn't changed please help and I am sorry if I asked too much question but it is very important to me

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 13
AhmedZA

Message 7 of 13
Khalid-Elejla

Thank you very much I have done what you told me but there was some problems with the ACI code It is supposed to be metric and this problem was in 2014 and 2015 but it's in lb and in but thank you anyway

ACI metric.JPG

Message 8 of 13
napooil

1.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Khalid-Elejla
in reply to: napooil

I chose metric but I think I shouldn't choose ACI for reinforcement database in the first place

I think our steel is manufacture according to European specification So I supposed to choose European specification please look at this wiki page 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebar

I think I should choose BS 4449 but I don't find it in robot but there is othere european codes in there which one you suggest the problem is we use this sizes 8,10,12,14 but strength grade360,grade420,..... So I may found other codes uses 8,10,12 but the grades 360,420,.. I didn't  found it I found instead (In BS8666 >>R,T) and (IN EN1992 >>B500C,B450

and please tell me what code you use

Please answer me I think my problem will be solved soon it's very important to Mr.Ahmed

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 13
AhmedZA

If I understand you correctly and as i can see you want to change strength 460 to 420 N/mm2 so I would suggest you to open xml file with a text edditor then try to find characteristic yield stress and change this value to 420 and use Find command to find this word quickly may be it will work perfectly with robot try to do  this by your self

(just suggestion ) because for me i had never tried it

Message 11 of 13
AhmedZA

your question has been answered by pipiyedu
Message 12 of 13
Khalid-Elejla

Thank you Mr Ahmed, and pipiyedu and Artur.Kosakowsk your for helping me it's Looks like I have to modified the DataBase, I was hoping to choose the correct database because I want to make sure it is correct in mass and max length there was slight difference in mass of the same bars in ACI phi 16 and BS phi 16 according to my tables we use BS and this will make some changes in quantities take off , take a look at the attached pictures the first which we use in my country and the other is ACI metric database I have to modify and I am afraid that there is other differences 

541318_440644222639553_1196326113_n.jpg

Capture.JPG

Message 13 of 13
pipiyedu

You can change all of the atributes (mass, length, diameter, yieldstress). Try editing with a text editor.

Seems a lot of work but it is not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report