Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement arrangement

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
HoshangMustafa
356 Views, 6 Replies

Reinforcement arrangement

Hi

Please find the attached files. As we can see there are 28 selected columns in the column design module. After calculations, I noticed three different arrangement of reinforcement (with the same number of bars and diameter). Practically, I should look at each column design and determine the 3 different reinforcement arrangements. Then plot a plan of the columns indicating the 3 different column reinforcement arrangements. Is there a way for ARSA to do that automatically.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

Please find the attached file for the reinforcement arrangement 3

Message 3 of 7

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you have  3 groups of columns each with one (selected) reinforcement pattern or you want to have 3 different reinforcement pattern for the same column?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 7

Hi

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you have  3 groups of columns each with one (selected) reinforcement pattern or you want to have 3 different reinforcement pattern for the same column?

3 groups of columns each with one reinforcement pattern. The pattern (number of bars & orientation of reinforcement) is determined by ARSA.

Message 5 of 7

In such case select the first group and export it. Assign the reinforcement pattern to selection of this columns and calculate reinforcement for this selection with the generation of drawings. Do the same for another groups.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Iwrote in the first post:

Please find the attached files. As we can see there are 28 selected columns in the column design module. After calculations, I noticed three different arrangement of reinforcement (with the same number of bars and diameter). Practically, I should look at each column design and determine the 3 different reinforcement arrangements. Then plot a plan of the columns indicating the 3 different column reinforcement arrangements. Is there a way for ARSA to do that automatically.

This means I should look at 28 column design drawings and find out the 3 different reinforcement arrangements. Is there a way of determining these 3 different reinforcement arrangements without looking at the 28 column design drawings?

Message 7 of 7

Robot creates exact reinforcement drawing for each of the column rather than  'genaral' reinforcement pattern drawings for columns e.g. with different sizes. What you can do is to influence the way reinforcement is generated. Your options include:

- grouping columns with  the same geometry so that  you have the same reinforcement generated for all of them 

- setting the same reinforcement pattern e.g. shape of stirrup with the diamond shape switched off and such  distance between main rebars that you have e.g. 4 bars at a side

- generate typical reinforcement that is the same for number of columns and run their verification

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report