Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduction of value near supporte

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rodainnajjar1229
1321 Views, 7 Replies

reduction of value near supporte

i read about reduction of value near supporte in ( robot help )
but i have 2 questions :
1- when i checked moment(+) value at face of column for many columns i noted that this value reduced about 20 %.in many models... that is great.. but can i know your references ( code - book .... finite element method ...etc )
2- i have slabs 300 with 3 kn/m2 load when i modeled drop panels in middle of slab ..i have to apply load 3 kn/m2 for drop or not .
regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

1- when i checked moment(+) value at face of column for many columns i noted that this value reduced about 20 %.in many models... that is great.. but can i know your references ( code - book .... finite element method ...etc )

The method is not taken directly from any code (I don't think you can find such provisions in any of them) and works according to the description available in Help. It has been developed because for surface elements the values obtained over a point support increase when denser mesh is created and these values are then much larger than the real ones. Please mind that the use of this functionality is optional.

2- i have slabs 300 with 3 kn/m2 load when i modeled drop panels in middle of slab ..i have to apply load 3 kn/m2 for drop or not .

I'm not sure if I understand this question. Is it how to apply it as the answer if it should be applied is in your hands? Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Artur,

It would be great if this worked also for the moments/shear maps results and not only for reinforcement.

Any chance?

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Message 4 of 8

reduction over supports maps.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Since when?rarely  use the parameters tab , Never noticed!!!

Great!

Rafael Medeiros

Message 6 of 8

Since the moment this option is available. The same for table results.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

I meant ,since which RSA release?.

At the end of the Help page there is a note " If column dimensions are far greater than dimensions of FE mesh, it is recommended to define other dimensionless supports around the support with the dimension or to define rigid links."

What is considered "far greater"?

In my case  columm dimensions(70x70cm) are 3X  mesh size.

I modelled it with a rigid body panel(70x70cm) with shell finite element type.

Which is the best aproach?

thx

Rafael Medeiros

Message 8 of 8

I meant ,since which RSA release?.

If my memory serves me well 16.0.

Which is the best aproach?

Make a test on a smaller model Smiley Happy
I'd use size of elements of approx. half of the size or close to the size of a real support but not larger than the real size of this support.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report