Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
227 Views, 5 Replies

reaction

hi guys,

I do not know, why I get two different reactions in almost the same structure.(see attached file) The slabs are one-way direction, i.e. one of them is in y-direction and another one in x-direction. 

best regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Different loads distribution :

loadistr.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

thank you for your quick answer. The distance in x=10m and y=6m, so reactions for the pinned support shouldn't be 300 kN?reactions.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for your quick answer. The distance in x=10m and y=6m, so reactions for the pinned support shouldn't be 300 kN?

They are, but you displayed loads, not reactions

300.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Ya, but for the y-direction, it is 335,92 kN (the other structure). It sould be (60 kN/m * 10m)/2 = 300 kN

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

No, that would be true only for simply supported beams. The distribution of forces depends on the stiffness of the elements of the model rather than the tributary area.

reactions1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report