Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
85778RSAPRO_2012_0F
541 Views, 8 Replies

RC Wall

Hi

Why can I not calculate required reinforcement for RC walls. I got the attached message.

Can you help me with this.

Thanks

Waleed Khalid
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

You have to set the code as

NF EN3.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

I got another message. Why openings are not taken into account? What that's mean for reniforcemnt?

See attached screenshot

Waleed Khalid
Message 4 of 9

The opening is too large for the used calculation method (its presence cannot be ignored). You can set the object type of this panel as the floor (see the attached picture) and then calculate required reinforcement and provided one in the RC Slab Reinforcement module instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9
nd0586
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Artur,

I am getting a similar problem with BS EN1992-1-1:2004 - is there a British equivalent I can switch to? and will that change all of the analysis I've done to date on the structure to these codes?

Thanks!

Nigel

@Artur.Kosakowski wrote:

You have to set the code as

NF EN3.PNG

Message 6 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: nd0586

I am getting a similar problem with BS EN1992-1-1:2004 - is there a British equivalent I can switch to?

No, the only supported code for RC Walls is French NAD for EC2. In case it is acceptable solution you can deign the wall according to the BS EN in the RC Slab Required module instead.

and will that change all of the analysis I've done to date on the structure to these codes?

The change of the code will not influence the already designed elements. You may also make a copy of the rtd file and use each of them for design according to a selected code (BS EN vs. NF EN).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9
nd0586
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Do you know what difference it will have if I design as RC wall using slab method to BS EN?

Message 8 of 9
nd0586

Also, I have just switched the structure object to be a panel not a wall - is this what you mean? And leave the reinforcement type as RC wall?
Message 9 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Also, I have just switched the structure object to be a panel not a wall - is this what you mean? 

Correct.

And leave the reinforcement type as RC wall?

The reinforcement type depends on the internal forces you want to include in the design and the reinforcement direction you decide on. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report