Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Slab - provided reinforcement - not calculating

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
suria.ismail
2904 Views, 8 Replies

RC Slab - provided reinforcement - not calculating

Hi,

I'm designing a four storey structure in Robot. I have successfully performed the required reinforcement calculations and then the provided reinforcement calculations for the 1st and 4th floors but it won't calculate for 2nd and 3rd.

When I hit calculate, the text box just disappears and no calculation happens...

Any things I can check?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

After you calculated the required reinforcement there should be no problem with calculations of the required ones assuming that the panels you want to export to the RC Slab provided reinforcement are flat. Could you attach your model and tell me which panels you want to calculate the provided reinforcement for please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Any suggestions for reducing the file size - even zipping it yields a size larger than your upload can take...

Message 4 of 9

Open the file and save it under a new name selecting without results file type. Compress the file. Can you attach such file?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, smallest i can make it is 7MB. I was wondering whether robot holds onto deleted information, hence the large size?

Message 6 of 9

The reason is that you set the incorrect calculation model for these panels. As for this model no surface elements are generated you cannot get provided reinforcement for them. Please change the calculation model to Shell as assigned to other panels. By the way it is not possible to calculate the required reinforcement area for the panels with the calculation model that doesn't include generation of surface elements as well Smiley Wink

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9

Sorry Arturo, but I have have all of my panels set as shells now and I still have the same problem. (p.s - this is an issue I have encountered a lot with this programme - if I modify a panel it suddenly changes to curtain wall for no reason).  I get the reinforcement maps as you have shown but I cannot produce the options for bars like I can for the 1st floor - as shown on the attached image. Therefore I can't generate drawings.

When I hit the 'Calculations' button it just goes. and nothing occurs

Thanks

Message 8 of 9

Try the following:

1. Calculate required reinforcement for panels 110to114

2. Save the file under a new name (accept to save the results in the external file)

3. Restart Robot and open the file again

4. Follow the 3 steps shown on the attached pictures

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 9

Great! Many thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report